Practice Areas

Have you been Contacted By Brock & Scott?

Find an Attorney

Attorney Name




Practice Group

News & Legal Updates


June 8-10, Boca Raton, FL
2015 Florida Bankers Association Annual Meeting
Attending – Curtis Herbert, Natalie Mencia & Jessica Fagen

July 19-22, Lake Tahoe, NV
ALFN Annual Leadership Conference
Attending – Jim Bonner & Kevin Frazier

5 Key Points From CFPB’s Annual Report On FDCPA

The CFPB had a very busy 2014 administering the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). In the CFPB’s Annual Report, the Bureau gives us a glimpse into it’s agenda. Here are the five key points to draw your attention to.

1. Ensure You Have Enough “Media”. It is no secret that the CFPB wants creditors and debt collectors to produce documentation (also known as Media) to support claims against consumers. In November 2013, the CFPB released the Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (ANPR) where the Bureau considered using its “rulemaking authority to develop requirements related to the transfer of specified information or documents as part of the … the placement of a debt with a third-party collector” (Pg. 26). While the Bureau has yet to propose any rules, it is certainly exercising its supervisory and enforcement abilities under the FDCPA to achieve the same effect.Section 1692e of the FDCPA prohibits entities from making false or misleading representations in connection with the collection of a debt. According to the CFPB, filing a legal action and dismissing upon receipt of an Answer due to failure to obtain documentation to support claims is false and misleading, therefore it violates section 1692e. In the Annual Report, the Bureau stated that it uncovered a number of these violations during its examinations (Pg. 19). The Bureau’s interpretation will impact your company if you rely on limited to no media. The Bureau can enforce the FDCPA through enforcement action if your company is subject to the larger participant rule. Your company may also be vulnerable to civil action as consumer-friendly courts begin to adopt this CFPB interpretation.

To read the rest of this article...

View All News...


Data Entry Specialist - Full time position

NC - Wilkesboro

• Read source documents and enter data in specific data fields, using keyboards or scanners. • Compile, sort and verify the accuracy of data before it is entered. • Compare data with source documents, or re-enter data in verification format to detect errors. • Store completed documents in appropriate locations. • Locate and correct data entry errors, or report them to supervisors. • Maintain logs of activities and completed work. • Select materials needed to complete work assignments.

Consumer Contact Agent (Call Center)

NC - Wilkesboro

• Take incoming calls regarding foreclosure • Provide timely and accurate information for incoming customer contacts via phone, fax and email • Document all customer contacts in tracking tool • Provide timely feedback to the company regarding service failures or customer concerns • Comply with CFPB regulations • Perform additional duties as assigned

Title Examiner

FL - Ft. Lauderdale

The Ft. Lauderdale, FL branch of Brock & Scott, PLLC has immediate openings for experienced title examiners. • Examines chain of title for preparation of foreclosure title report • Identifies all necessary parties to foreclosure lawsuit • Makes data entries directly into the firm’s case management software program • Identifies title issues or defects and interprets applicability of the state’s Mutual Indemnification Agreement • May have customer contact
View All Openings...

Training & Education

Interested in training opportunities for your staff?

Review Our Offerings

Find Foreclosure Sales

Looking for Foreclosure Sale Listings?

Search Our Sales Listing

Contact Us


Need more contact information?
Try our Attorney Search or Practice Areas.

Or... Contact one of our Departments:

Contact Form