The Bankruptcy practice area at Brock & Scott comprises broad experience in all matters arising under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code and State laws governing secured real property transactions, including receivership actions. Our highly skilled team regularly executes in obtaining relief from the automatic stay, objecting to disclosure statements and plans of reorganization, prosecuting actions that aren’t discharged and handling other adversary proceedings.
Our bankruptcy unit provides our clients with seamless, expedited bankruptcy case management on residential and commercial mortgages, auto loans, consumer and commercial credit and other assets through the following processes and services:
- Proofs of Claim
- Defense of Objections to Proofs of Claim
- Plan Reviews and Objections
- Stay Relief Motions, Adversary Proceedings and other Contested Matters
- Defense of Motions to Strip Lien and Cramdowns
- Bankruptcy Loss Mitigation/Mediation Services
- Reaffirmation Agreements
- Rule 3002.1 Supplements to Proofs of Claim (Post-Petition Fee Notices, Payment Change Notices, Response to Trustee Notice of Final Cure Payment)
- Section 363 Sales
- Dischargeability Issues
- Monitoring Asset Cases
The Bankruptcy division within the firm has earned the reputation of often resolving matters without filing motions or engaging in lengthy proceedings. Our staff is directly involved in the bankruptcy process with a complete understanding of bankruptcy laws and procedures while protecting client interests and seeking maximum financial recovery. Our clients frequently call upon us to determine what actions to take on a file knowing we have a solid reputation and regular interaction with judges, trustees, and debtors’ attorneys.