Litigation & Defense, Special Assets Resolution
Throughout his career, Mr. Hagopian has litigated wide variety of business and banking matters before state and federal trial courts. Additionally, Mr. Hagopian has briefed and argued numerous civil appeals, many of which are reported cases. Since 2010, he has concentrated on title, foreclosure and mortgage default litigation. In 2012, Special Master Merrill Sherman appointed Mr. Hagopian as a member of the defendants’ counsel steering committee for the consolidated docket In Re: Mortgage Foreclosure Cases in the United States District Court (RI).
Mr. Hagopian is admitted to practice before all state and federal court throughout Rhode Island and Massachusetts. He is also admitted to practice before the First Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court. Mr. Hagopian is a graduate of the University of Bridgeport School of Law (J.D.), Syracuse University (B.A.), and the University of Rhode Island (M.B.A.) He is a member of the Rhode Island Bar Association and serves as a member of the Real Estate Title Standards and Practices Committee. He has been a frequent instructor on Commercial Law to candidates preparing for the Certified Public Accounting examination. His civic activities include serving as the Northeast Regional Director of the Society for Orphaned Armenian Relief.
Admitted to Practice
- State of Rhode Island Supreme Court
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court
- US District Court of Rhode Island
- US District Court of Massachusetts
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- US Supreme Court
- 2017 Masters of Business Administration from University of Rhode Island
- 1986 Juris Doctor from University of Bridgeport School of Law
- 1983 Undergraduate Degree from Syracuse University, BA
- Northeast Regional Director – Society for Orphaned Armenian Relief