Patrick Hruby is a Senior Associate Attorney of Brock & Scott, PLLC. He practices Bankruptcy Law focusing on Creditor’s Rights. Prior to joining Brock & Scott, Patrick represented chapter 7 trustees, creditors and debtors in Ohio, and clerked for the Honorable Marilyn Shea-Stonum in the United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Ohio. Patrick is admitted to the Florida and Ohio Bars, the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida, the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio, and the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Admitted to Practice
- Florida Bar.
- Ohio Bar.
- Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida.
- Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio.
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- 2006 – Undergraduate degree from Cleveland State University, summa cum laude.
- 2009 – Juris Doctor from Case Western Reserve University School of Law, cum laude.
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member and Editor, Consumer Committee Newsletter, 2023 – Present
- Florida Bar, CLE Committee, 2023 – Present
- USFN, Publications Committee, 2022 – Present
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, William J. O’Neill Bankruptcy Institute, Planning Committee, 2013, 2015, and 2016
Articles & Speaking Engagements
- “Recent Ruling Highlights Repercussions of Failing to File a Proof of Claim” USFN Blog, August 2, 2023; USFNews, August 7, 2023.
- “Supreme Court Rules Liability for Fraud of Faultless Business Partner is Non-Dischargeable in Bankruptcy,” USFN E-Update, June 2023.
- “Bankruptcy Judge Provides a Roadmap for Retroactively Annulling the Automatic Stay,” ALFN Angle, Volume 10, Issue 1.
- “11th Circuit Rules Antimodification Wins Over Finality in a Confirmed Bankruptcy Plan,” USFN Blog, February 3, 2023; USFNews, February 8, 2023.
- “Florida Bankruptcy Judge Provides Guidance on Codebtor Stay Violations,” Winter 2023 USFN Report.
- Florida Bar, Mortgage Foreclosure and Alternatives (12th ed. 2022, LexisNexis) (co-author).
- “A Model of How Creditors Should Act When Confronted With the Automatic Stay, According to a Bankruptcy Judge,” ALFN Angle, Volume 9, Issue 4.
- “Hobson’s Choice – Decisions Creditors Must Face with Post-Petition Fee Notices in Florida,” ALFN Angle, Volume 8, Issue 1.
- “Easy Come, Easy Go? An Important Change to the Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida’s Administrative Order Prescribing Procedures for Chapter 13 Cases,” ALFN Angle, Volume 7, Issue 4.
- “Coming in 2020 – The Small Business Reorganization Act of 2019: What You Need to Know and Expect,” ALFN Angle, Volume 7, Issue 1.
- “Retail Bankruptcies: A Landlord’s Introduction,” The Bar Journal of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Sept. 2018.
- “When Good Trustees Go Bad”, The Bar Journal of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Sept. 2013.
- “Student Loan Debt and the Bankruptcy Discharge Exception: An Impending Crisis?”, The Bar Journal of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Sept. 2012 (co-author).