Joseph A. Camillo Jr
Litigation & Defense, Real Estate Default, Special Assets Resolution, Title Curative
Mr. Camillo is Managing Partner of our New England Foreclosure/Default Servicing/Litigation Practice Groups. He has over 26 years of experience in the areas of Banking, Creditors’ Rights, Bankruptcy, Foreclosure, Real Estate, Litigation, Regulatory Compliance and Condominium Law. He also has extensive experience in representing public sector/quasi-governmental agencies such as Massachusetts Housing Finance Agency; Rhode Island Housing; Maine State Housing, Fannie Mae; Freddie Mac; HUD, USDA and the Veterans Association. Mr. Camillo lectures extensively throughout the country on topics such as foreclosure, bankruptcy, eviction, condominium law and litigation.
Admitted to Practice
- Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court
- US District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- New Hampshire Supreme Court
- US District Court for the District of New Hampshire
- US District Court for the District of Vermont
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- 1994 Massachusetts School of Law, Juris Doctor
- 1988 Oxford University, Somerville College, Visiting Student
- 1989 St. Bonaventure University, B.A.
- Chair of USFN’s REO/Eviction Committee
- Ex Officio member of USFN Education Committee
- Member of ALFN Marketing & Event Planning Group (MEPG)
- Corporate Counsel for the New England Adjustment Managers Association (NEAMA)
- Conference Faculty Member of Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE)
- Conference Faculty Member of Real Estate Bar Association for Massachusetts (REBA)
- Member of American Bankruptcy Institute, Real Estate Bar Association, Massachusetts/New Hampshire Bar Associations
- Member of the American Liver Foundation, and Leukemia & Lymphoma Society for which he has raised funds and awareness by participating and completing several IRONMAN and marathon endurance races.